It’s our tradition to start every new year off right with by pouring bowls of this for our family and friends.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups chopped yellow onion
- 2 tbsp minced fresh garlic
- 1 lb Conecuh Hickory Smoked Sausage chopped
- 3 quarts chicken broth
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes drained
- 8 cups chopped fresh turnip greens
- 1 tbsp Conecuh Pork, Poultry, and Wild Game Seasoning
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 (15.8 ounce) cans black-eyed peas drained
- In a large Dutch oven, heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, garlic, and sausage. Cook, stirring frequently, until lightly browned, about 6 minutes.
- Add broth and tomatoes; bring to a boil.
- Add greens, Conecuh Seasoning, vinegar, salt, and peas. Reduce heat to low; simmer until greens are tender, about 10 minutes.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!