You won’t find sausage and shrimp pizza at most pizza joints but you’ll wish you could after trying this creation. Conecuh Sausage and Shrimp Pizza is a great way to mix your love of pizza with Cajun flavors.
- 2 12-inch prepared pizza crusts
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 2 8 oz packages shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb Conecuh Cajun Smoked Sausage sliced 1⁄2 inch thick
- 1 green bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1/2 red onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 lb medium fresh shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 tbsp Cajun seasoning
- 1 cup shredded Havarti cheese
- chopped green onion
- Preheat oven to 450°. On a large baking sheet, place pizza crusts. Spread 1⁄2 cup pizza sauce over each crust. Sprinkle each with 1 package mozzarella. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add sausage; cook, stirring occasionally, until browned, about 5 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, remove sausage from pan; let drain on paper towels. Add bell peppers and onion to skillet. Cook, stirring occasionally, until just tender, about 5 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, remove peppers and onion, reserving drippings in skillet. Arrange sausage and pepper mixture over pizzas. Bake 8 minutes.
- Sprinkle shrimp with Cajun seasoning. Heat reserved drippings in skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp; cook just until pink, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Arrange shrimp over pizzas; sprinkle each pizza with 1⁄2 cup Havarti. Return to oven; bake 2 minutes more. Top with green onion.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!