Time for a shrimp or crawfish boil? Try our sausage throw down recipe for a step above the rest.
- 8 quarts water
- 1 (6-ounce) container Old Bay Seasoning
- 2 lemons thinly sliced
- 4 bay leaves
- 3 lbs small red potatoes
- 2 lbs Conecuh Hickory Smoked Sausage sliced 2 inches thick
- 6 ears fresh corn shucked and halved
- 3 lbs jumbo fresh shrimp unpeeled
- In a large stockpot, combine 8 quarts water, Old Bay Seasoning, lemons, and bay leaves. Cover, and bring to a boil over high heat; cook 10 minutes.
- Add potatoes; return mixture to a boil, and cook 10 minutes.
- Add sausage and corn; return mixture to a boil, and cook 10 minutes.
- Add shrimp; cook until pink and firm, 2 to 3 minutes. Drain immediately.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
This Post Has One Comment
Since I just now saw your website, I have yet to taste your offerings. But it sounds so good I’ll make a special trip to the store so I can do a proper taste test.