A thick and hearty stew loaded with tender peas and wonderful Conecuh sausage.
- 1 lb Conecuh Original Smoked Sausage halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 cans black-eyed peas drained and rinsed
- 1 (8-ounce) can diced tomatoes drained
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp Cajun seasoning
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/8 tsp hot pepper sauce
- 1 1/2 cup frozen corn (or canned)
- In a large skillet, cook sausage and onion over medium heat until meat is lightly browned; drain.
- Stir in peas, tomatoes, tomato sauce, broth, and seasonings. Cook and stir for 10-12 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- Stir in the corn; cook 5 minutes longer or until heated through.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!