The taste of the Orient is what makes this Conecuh sausage recipe special.
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp dry mustard
- 2 lbs Conecuh Original Smoked Sausage sliced 1 inch thick
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- chopped green onion for garnish
- In a large saucepan, stir together brown sugar, pineapple juice, vinegar, flour, soy sauce, and mustard over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil; cook, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Add sausage; cook, stirring occasionally, 15 minutes. Stir in red pepper.
- Garnish with green onion, if desired.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!