A simple, traditional Creole dish with lots of flavor enhanced with our Cajun smoked sausage.
- 1 lb Conecuh Cajun Smoked Sausage sliced
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups white rice uncooked
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 tbsp Creole seasoning
- chopped green onion for garnish
- In a large Dutch oven, cook sausage and chicken over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until browned.
- Add onion, celery, bell pepper, and garlic; cook, stirring frequently, until tender, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in rice; cook until lightly toasted, about 3 minutes.
- Add broth, tomato, and Creole seasoning; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Cover, and cook until rice is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Garnish with green onion.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!