What could be better than creamy mac and cheese paired with Conecuh smoked sausage? Answer: Not much.
- 1 lb Conecuh Original Smoked Sausage sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1 1/2 cups shredded American cheese divided
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp ground red pepper
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 (16-ounce) package elbow macaroni cooked
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 2 1/2 quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until browned, about 5 minutes. Set sausage aside. Wipe skillet.
- In same skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Whisk in flour until smooth. Gradually whisk in milk; bring to a boil, whisking until slightly thickened, about 7 minutes.
- Stir in 1 cup American cheese, Cheddar, salt, paprika, and peppers until smooth. Stir in cooked macaroni and sausage; spoon into prepared dish.
- Top with remaining 1/2 cup American cheese.
- Bake until bubbly and cheese melts, 18 to 20 minutes.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!